Vulcanized forms of chlorosulfonated polyethylene are highly resistant to the deteriorating effects of ozone, oxygen, weather, heat, oil and chemicals.
CSM elastomers are known for their resistance to atmospheric conditions (ozone, sunlight and extreme weather) along with their resistance to many acids such as nitric, sulfuric and phosphoric acids. CSM is a great choice for automotive and chemical applications. More specifically, you’ll commonly see CSM in wire & cable coatings, gaskets, tubes and roofing membranes.
- Permanent bright colors
- Superb ozone and weather resistance, even in non-black products
- Heat resistant to 150°C
- Resistance to a wide range of aggressive chemicals
- Intermediate oil and solvent resistance depending on the chlorine level
- Electrical insulating properties
- Low flammability characteristics (associated with chlorinated polymers)
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and mechanical abuse
- Automotive hoses, gaskets and flexible tubes
- Gas and industrial applications
- Electric cable jacketing
- Floor tiles
- Rubber coated cloth
- Escalator handrails
- Inflatable boats and folding kayaks
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you shortly.